Tetex: Using \input in Tabular Environment Error

I'm finding that when using the \input command in a tabular environment,
and the input file begins with \multicolumn, that I get the following
error:

/home/hughgs/defense/Number/results.tex:362: Undefined control sequence.
l.362       \texinput
                     {Number/net_tc}

I found a reference to the error in the LaTeX bugs database:

http://www.latex-project.org/cgi-bin/ltxbugs2html?category=LaTeX&pr=latex%2F2921

Does anyone know if this bug has been fixed in the Cygwin Tetex
distribution?  I have a work-around so its not a major crisis.  I can send
a small example and cygcheck if needed.  Thanks.

George S. Hugh