Re: Home directory

Warren Young wrote:
> Gmain User wrote:
>> Thanks, Brian.  I was actually asking in the context of not updating cygwin
>> right away.  Whether or not one could access up-to-date accumulation of release
>> notes, possibly on the web.
>
> Cygwin doesn't have monolithic "releases".  Every individual package is
> on its own release schedule.  It's meaningless to talk about release
> notes at a higher level than the package level, in the current scheme.

What you say makes perfect sense.  The specific package I was referring to was
coreutils.  Unfortunately, the quoting containing the relevant thread details
had to be trimmed because of the limit on quoting when posting through gmane,
which was the case in some of my posts.  Don't get me wrong, gmane is great,
it's just a circumstance that needs to be pointed out as a factor contributing
to this confusion.