RE: Bad EXE format (error 193)

On 04 October 2007 16:04, Lynn Winebarger wrote:

> On 10/4/07, Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com> wrote:
>> On 04 October 2007 15:26, Lynn Winebarger wrote:
>>> Thanks, Dave.  I did compile a hello-world.c program, and it ran, but
>>> I had also compiled PLT scheme v360 before (needed to bootstrap
>>> Larceny) and had run it without problem as well (I had thought this
>>> might be a permission issue, because what bash actually reports is
>>> "Access denied" - the underlying error took further investigation)
>>
>>   Actually, I was trying to ask if you'd compiled a basic "helloworld" with
>> your new larceny compiler, or indeed if this example of yours is already a
>> very simple test program; i.e. is it only complex larceny executables that
>> don't work, or even the very simplest ones.
>>
>    I did not understand.  No, the larceny binary (runtime
> system/interpreter) won't load at all - it doesn't even make it to the
> entry point.

  Oh, my misunderstanding; I thought that we were talking about the compiled
executables /generated by/ the larceny compiler, rather than the actual
larceny compiler itself.

> I'm more than willing to send the "executable".  It
> might be something an expert could quickly spot.  Or the linker map
> output, if that would be useful.

  Yes, why not; feel free to send them both to me, off list.  Can't promise
I'll spot anything, but I'll take a look.  (My first WAG would be that the
sassy assembler does something different from other w32 assemblers and that's
where the trouble is coming from).

    cheers,
      DaveK