"Unknown" user after logging into sshd under Vista

Hi all.

The archives do have a number of Vista-related SSH problems which have solved
the issue of getting it installed, but I haven't been able to solve the issue
I found next.

Here's the options I used to configure the service...

> [508] daniel@Monolith:~> ssh-host-config
> Overwrite existing /etc/ssh_config file? (yes/no) yes
> Generating /etc/ssh_config file
> Overwrite existing /etc/sshd_config file? (yes/no) yes
<cut>
> Should privilege separation be used? (yes/no) yes
> Generating /etc/sshd_config file
<cut>
> Do you want to install sshd as service?
> (Say "no" if it's already installed as service) (yes/no) yes
<cut>
> Should this script create a new local account 'sshd_server' which has
> the required privileges? (yes/no) yes
<cut>
> Which value should the environment variable CYGWIN have when
> sshd starts? It's recommended to set at least "ntsec" to be
> able to change user context without password.
> Default is "ntsec".  CYGWIN=
<cut>

However on logging in...
> [503] daniel@Monolith:~> ssh localhost
> Last login: Fri Oct  5 09:20:07 2007 from 127.0.0.1
> Fanfare!!!
> You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
> Could not chdir to home directory /home/daniel: Permission denied
> -bash: cd: /home/daniel: Permission denied

Permissions on my home directory are correct as I can get into it via
Explorer.  The problem is elsewhere -- if I look in the process list, the
bash.exe process is running as user "(unknown)", not as my user account.

I'm not sure what to do from here.  What part of Cygwin is responsible for
changing the user ID when a user logs in via SSH, and what is usually
responsible for it misbehaving?

Daniel