Re: where is the full.exe

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Steven Woody wrote:
On 10/11/07, Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad@uCUT.THAT.OUT!!!> wrote:
Steven Woody wrote:
On 10/10/07, Brian Dessent <brian@I.doubt.he.appreciates.spam> wrote:
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

PLEASE READ. I don't appreciate your contribution to the amount of spam I receive.

Yes, please read the link above. It helps all on this list.

okay, but is there a full installer availabe for current cygwin
distribution? thanks.
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe

by 'full installer' i mean a installer which never need to download files from ineternet when do installation. the file you refered to is a network installer.

Officially, there is no such thing, and there will not be for the reasons explained in this thread. Maybe you can search the archives for "cygwin on a platter" to find out about the CD installer (or was it meant to be run from the CD?) that someone recently posted.

And there's no reason that one cannot download, through 'setup.exe', or with one's favorite utility, the full distribution and then make one's own DVD. Then one could use 'setup.exe' to install the files from the DVD instead. If _one_ wanted to. ;-)

'setup.exe' is not just a network installer, though that is it's most common
usage.

Holliston, MA 01746