Re: Best AVS to use with cygwin

Reini Urban wrote:
tim prince schrieb:
Reid Thompson wrote:
I've yet to have any problems with
http://www.avira.com/en/products/personal.html
Surely, the inclusion of clam in the cygwin distribution has some kind of meaning. clamwin has no special incompatibilities either, that I can see.

but clamav has no "guard" feature which everybody needs.
the main purpose with clamav is mail filtering and we have no mailserver package which integrates nice with clamav. (lack of milter)

klamuko, the linux file-system-hook version was originally based on a windows version from the german avira antivir product. But there's no free version of this feature for windows yet.

I used to hate McAfee but the latest version seems to work fine in our company.
My company uses McAfee as well, but the site license covers only our 1 fully supported Windows laptop per employee. Also, several viruses have slipped through McAfee recently but were caught by others, including clamwin.