Python for Cygwin

Dear Sirs,
I'm a new Cygwin user. I'm running Cygwin on my PC (mounting Windows XP Professional).
I need to run a little Python script on my Cygwin shell. What have I to do? I guess I've to install Python on my PC. In which way have to do it? In which path? Have I to install it under Cygwin?

Please let me know.
Thanks
Lorenzo Corgnati

Ing. Lorenzo Corgnati
DELEN - Dipartimento di Elettronica
Politecnico di Torino
Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24 - 10129 Torino
Tel. +39 011 5644105
Mob.: +39 3495424820
Fax: +39 011 5644200
E-mail: lorenzo.corgnati@polito.it