Re: cygwin stable and cvs snapshot - fork() bug

michael.vogt@post.ch wrote:
  1 [main] mpd 1736 C:\cygwin\home\mpx\mpd-test\mpd.exe:
    *** fatal error - MapViewOfFileEx (0x19030000),
    Win3 2 error 6.  Terminating.
  68 [main] mpd 676 fork: child 1736 - died
    waiting for dll loading, errno 11 problems fork'ing for
daemon!
[...]
Have you eliminated the <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA> factor?

Yes I did. I stopped the AV program and all related services. I also

used Filemon (from sysinternals) to see if I'm missing any files, without success...

Some of the BLODA stuff has to be deinstalled entirely to have an
effect since it hooks one of its own DLLs into some system DLL.

Another question: Does the mpd tool load DLLs at run time? Did you
try rebasing?

I rebooted my system (and disabled the AV services), so I was sure no AV
stuff was running.

Again, some BLODA has to be _uninstalled_ to eliminate its effects. You cannot be sure this isn't where your issue lies unless you uninstall the possible BLOADA you have installed now and test without it.

Holliston, MA 01746