Re: Bug in TZ with new daylight savings time

On Oct 29 18:34, Reklau, Matthew wrote:
> Running an MS Windows application from within cygwin fails because it believes the timezone is wrong.? Running from the Windows GUI and from DOS is fine.? This is a huge problem for my company as we need to be able to launch this tool from a perl script under cygwin and cannot.
>
> I read: http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-08/msg00041.html
>
> which says the problem has been fixed.? When is this fix going to be applied?? How can I work around it in the meantime?

There are no plans to release a new Cygwin version any time soon.
You could workaround this issue by building your own Cygwin DLL
from the provided 1.5.24-2 sources, with just this one patch
applied:

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/localtime.cc.diff?cvsroot=src&r1=1.15&r2=1.16

Corinna

Red Hat