Awk scripts that worked on previous cygwin installs are no longer working

To whom it may concern

I use Cygwin to run simple awk scripts. I have several scripts that have worked previously on my installation of Cygwin. Recently I had to have my XP OS re-installed and now the scripts no longer work. The scripts still work on my other Cygwin installs.

For example, the script called “convert_dwg-sum_rep2delete_clip-prop” would run on the file called “dwg_summary.rpt” and produce a file called “delete_clp-prop.scr”. Instead I get the response as in the picture that I enclosed called cygwin.JPG. I get similar responses now with my other scripts so hopefully it is a common problem or setting.

I saw the bug which mentioned the “|” not working on Non-US keyboards. I modified the scripts to run without it but the results were the same.

I have enclosed an example of the files I mentioned above.

Thank you for any help and suggestions you can give me.

Daniel So

http://mail.yahoo.com