RE: cygwin 1.5.24-2 gcc 3.4.4 stdio.h

On 29 November 2007 04:10, Paul Edwards wrote:

> until I ran across this C compiler that
> doesn't even manage to conform to a spec that has been available for
> around 20 years.

  I get what you're asking for, and it's perfectly reasonable, but it's just
not the compiler's problem.  The C compiler does conform; it's the newlib C
*run-time library* that is not C89-compatible.  Gcc is doing it's part, but
gcc does not supply stdio.h; it's up to the library to wrap the headers in
#ifdef.

> Which list do I need to go to to consult someone
> about modifying newlib?  I can probably make the changes to get it at least
> closer to C89 compliance if I have someone to give patches to.

  The newlib home page is http://sourceware.org/newlib.  There's a newlib@
mailing list hosted at sourceware, and that's where to send patches; the home
page has all the usual details of cvs access etc. and how to contribute.  I'm
sure your help would be welcomed!

    cheers,
      DaveK