RE: configure command does not run.... d2u does not help either...

On 29 November 2007 15:47, asadollahbaik a. (aa306) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new user to cygwin and even to unix.
>
> I am trying to compile a package called "meep" by means of cygwin.
> While running the configure command I get an error as:
>
> ./configure: line 13: $'r': command not found

Guess #1:  Don't use WinZIP (or any other windows GUI program) to unpack
.tar.gz files for Cygwin, because they mangle the line ends from LF to CRLF.
Use "tar xvzf meep-0.10.1.tar.gz" in a bash shell instead.

Guess #2:  If it's not that, you may have installed cygwin in textmode, or be
unpacking your tarball on a textmode mountpoint.  Please run "cygcheck -srv >
cygcheck.out" in a bash shell, and post the resulting cygcheck.out file - as
an *attachment*, please - to the list.

    cheers,
      DaveK