Latin (accented) characters and subversion

I'm having difficulty importing files into subversion if their names contain accented characters.  I've spent several hours googling for information, and I've read the FAQ regarding international characters, without being able to solve this issue.  I'd certainly appreciate any help that any of you can offer.

Here's my simple test case:

cd /cygdrive/c/temp/Test
ll
total 0
drwxrwxrwt+ 2 LarryAzlin None 0 Nov 29 20:31 ./
drwxrwxrwt+ 5 LarryAzlin None 0 Nov 29 20:48 ../
-rwxrwxrwx+ 1 LarryAzlin None 0 Nov 23 13:20 é.txt*

svnadmin create archive_cyg
svn import *.txt file:///cygdrive/c/temp/Test/archive_cyg -m "Initial import"
svn: Can't convert string from native encoding to 'UTF-8':
svn: ?\233.txt

Using the "normal" Windows version of subversion I have no problems doing the above.  They are both the same version - 1.4.5 (r25118).

Other than this issue, subversion under Cygwin seems to work fine.

I've attached the output of cygcheck...

Thanks.
Larry Azlin

Make Yahoo! your homepage.