Re: 2.6.STABLE17 install

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:21:22 +0300,
"Mironov, Leonid {PBG}" <Leonid[dot]Mironov[at]pepsi[dot]ru> wrote:

>squid 2.6 install deleted the existing /etc/squid.conf and
>/etc/mime.conf, then put the default files from /etc/defaults to the new
>location in /etc/squid/. Right, let's check our backups.

I think the only directory you can half-way count on an installer not
touching is $HOME. I put as many of my (customized) settings files
there as possible, and copies of anything else I've customized. But
then, I have a simple single-user setup, without any login or passwd
database...

--
"Sorry, my life is still in beta, and nowhere near stable enough for a
release."