To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: sshd - inconsistent app behavior vs console

Hello, I've got the same problem. Does Anybody know the solution? how Can I
resolve this problem?
please help me?

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

Larkin Lowrey wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
You've left allot for us to infer from your description, including your
Cygwin configuration (sshd and general), how you ssh in (password or
pubkey), and even what vshadow is!  I'd recommend a read through of
the problem reporting guidelines found here:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
My WAG is that you're using pubkey authentication. If so, try password.
I apologize for not providing enough information but you did come up
with the correct reason. When I logged in via password, and not public
key, the vshadow program did function correctly.

After doing some searching I have concluded that this operation is not
possible using public key authentication.

Right. Not in 1.5.x.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746