Cut & Paste doesn't work in Cygwin on WinXP Pro

I have Cygwin set up on Windows 2000 and the mouse
works perfectly to select text to do cut & paste.  I
have another Cygwin setup on Windows XP Pro, but the
mouse does not select text, and can't cut & paste.  I
have no idea what might be wrong.  I don't think it
has anything to do with .vimrc since it doesn't work
in the bash shell either.  Any help would be
appreciated.  Please let me know if there's any
additional information I could post to help someone
figure out this problem.
Thanks....