Eliminating -mno-cygwin from gcc?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad@users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 31 16:46:00 GMT 2007

Matt Wozniski wrote:
> Before simply ripping out support for it, how about just adding a
> message to gcc so that when passed "-mnocygwin" on the command line, it
> warns that it's deprecated and will be removed in the near future,
> before processing?

...and add a REALLY BIG MESSAGE that, if something breaks, the person to
complain to is the package maintainer and not the Cygwin ML. :-)

Given that most idi^H^H^Haverage users don't know how to read, it
probably won't help, but it gives us a Really Big Stick to smack them
upside the head with if (when) they come whining here anyway.

--
Matthew
OFFICER throws a tear gas grenade at you. You start to feel nauseous.
 > OPEN WINDOWS
Sorry, I have a philosophical objection to Microsoft products.