Re: Cygwin install not setting paths

Hi Larry

As suggested, I tried re-running the setup.exe but the results were still the same. So I tried going to " and /etc/postinstall". All files there ended in ".done". The files there were:
00ash.sh.done00bash.sh.donebase-files-mketc.sh.donebase-files-profile.sh.donebzip2.sh.donecoreutils.sh.donecygwin-doc.sh.donefindutils.sh.doneman.sh.donepasswd-grp.sh.donetar.sh.doneterminfo.sh.doneupdate-info-dir.sh.donewhich.sh.done
Do you know if there are suppose to be any others? I re-ran these scripts anyways but did not know what order to do so, so I ran them in the order shown. Opening a new cygwin session, I get the prompt that I think I should be getting and the path is recognized but I now get this message.

Your group name is currently "mkgroup_l_d". This idicates that not
all domain users and groups are listed in the /etc/passwd and /etc/group files.
See the man pages for mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run
mkpasswd -l -d > /etc/passwd
mkdroup -l -d > /etc/group
This message is only displayed once (unless you recreate /etc/group)
and can be safely ignored.
cp: cannot create regular file '/cygdrive/c/group.mkgroup_l_d': Permission denied

I did not do the mkpasswd and mkgroup commands as I did not know what they would do.
Should I open the permissions on any folders? I am suppose to have adminastrator rights on this system.
Any others suggestions here,
Thanks for your help,
Daniel

Sounds like at least some of your postinstall scripts didn't run.  Either
rerun 'setup.exe' and just page through without selecting anything to let
'setup.exe' run them for you or go to '/etc/postinstall' and run any
script there that doesn't end in '.done'.  If you do the latter, it's
best to append '.done' to the script names once you've run them, just
so it's obvious to everyone that they were run.

Holliston, MA 01746