Re: Suggestions for 'chere' package

Da Idiocrat wrote:
> I downloaded chere since I wanted to get an "Open Bash Here" menu item to
> make things easier, but uninstalled it because it didn't work out for me.

Sorry to hear that.

> I was wondering if there was any way to get chere to add an entry to the
> context menu when you right-click the BACKGROUND of Windows Explorer so that
> I don't have to go to the parent folder just to open Cygwin shell in the
> folder I want? Maybe I missed an option or something? I know it's not
> important but it really annoyed me...

Please see the thread Paul Mallas identified. There is also an older thread discussing this (2006ish).

> So I uninstalled chere-1.0.1 and I had to make a .reg file to add this
> functionality instead, but I'm just wondering if there is a way to do it in
> chere instead, since I don't like messing around in the registry myself.

I'd be interested in hearing the advantage of your .reg files over the chere script, and how it accomplishes it. The scripts should be able to duplicate anything that a .reg file does.

Thanks,

Dave.
chere maintainer.