RE: How can I run a script?

On 14 January 2008 13:36, Eric Blake wrote:

> According to BB on 1/13/2008 5:41 PM:
>> can login to a shell from windows and run commands but how do I create a
>> script
>
> A script is just a file containing the commands that you would have run
> from the shell, optionally prefixed by something like a #!/bin/sh line to
> specify the intepreter of those commands.

  It might help to chmod it +x if it doesn't "just work" (although that should
only be necessary under fairly rare circumstances).

  Also if you use a windows-based editor like notepad or wordpad (write),
you'll need to run "d2u" on the file to convert the line-endings from
DOS-style CR/LF to unix-style LF-only before it'll work correctly.

    cheers,
      DaveK