RE: Install problems ssmtp

On 23 January 2008 12:51, cygwin.20.maillinglist wrote:

> I have a problem with installing ssmtp. I tried to reinstall ssmtp but
> it doesn't help. When I check the status of the package it sayes OK.
> Doesn't that mean that all files of the package are installed. But when
> I try to list the files of the package no file is found.
>
> How could I fix it?
>
> ----------Here are the commands I entered to check the
> package------------------------
> bash-3.2$ cygcheck -c ssmtp
> Cygwin Package Information
> Package              Version        Status
> ssmtp                2.61-1         OK
>
> bash-3.2$ ls -l $(cygcheck -l ssmtp)

  You are using the output of cygcheck to provide a list of filenames for ls.
But cygcheck is a win32 program, so it outputs the list of names with
dos-style CRLF line endings.

>> No such file or directoryssmtp-config

  What it's actually printing here is

/usr/bin/ssmtp-config[CR, no LF]:  No such file or directory.

and there is of course no such file as "/usr/bin/ssmtp-config^M".  Solution:

ls -l $(cygcheck -l ssmtp | d2u)

    cheers,
      DaveK