RE: Threading issue in cygwin python 2.5.1-2 ?

On 26 January 2008 02:27, Jim Kleckner wrote:

>> Thanks for providing a testcase.  Should be fixed in CVS:
>> <http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2007-q3/msg00013.html>
>
> I have a python application that works fine
> on Linux and Mac but fails with Cygwin.
>
> I tried using snapshot:
>  cygwin-inst-20080122.tar.bz2
> but it still fails.  (In addition, stdout appears to not get flushed in
> that snapshot).

  That's presumably a snapshot of 1.7.0, which is pretty work-in-progressy at
the moment?

> Is it the case that the patch to the header
> file requires the recompilation of applications
> and libraries that use threading to make them work?
>
> See these messages for context:
>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-09/msg00120.html
>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-12/msg00451.html
>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-05/msg00125.html

  The two testcases I found in those threads (attached) both WJFFM under
cygwin 1.5.25-7 but fail under 1.5.23-2.  If you can reproduce that and your
program still fails, it's probably a different issue.

    cheers,
      DaveK