undefined refernce symbol __chkstk

I got the linking error message "undefined reference symbol __chkstk". When
I try to link my source code with a MSVC compiled library. From the
following url I got a workaround to remove this problem is to copy
CHKSTK.OBJ from MSVC library and rename it to chkstk.o and link with it.

http://eegeerg.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html#4158852069709002699

But that option remove this error message and create the executable, But
when run the executable it doesn't give anything just abort, no error
message

I'm also linking my code with cygwin/lib/mingw/libmsvcrt.a

Now I suspect that wither CHKSTK.OBJ MSVC object file or mingw libmsvcrt.a
library or both is causing this problem. But I'm not sure How to replace
them with equivalent lib if I want to remove dependency from Mingc and MSVC
both.
regard
Anik Pal
Schlumberger, Vadodara, India