Re: problem with setup

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:59:11 -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

Warren Young wrote:
Amadeus W.M. wrote:
Is there a way to completely remove cygwin as if it was never there?
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.uninstall-all
Might be worth trying to delete (or move aside) '/etc/setup/bash.lst.gz'
first.  If that doesn't help, you might be stuck with starting over if
you're looking for the easy path.

That's what I'm trying to do, start over with a new install, but setup crashes when it comes to uninstalling bash.

Which is why I was suggesting removing '/etc/setup/bash.lst.gz'. It sounds like this file may have become corrupt, which can cause 'setup.exe' to crash. If that's it, this should allow 'setup.exe' to run without the need of removing everything and reinstalling. But if it's all the same to you, then you can certainly go ahead and do that.

Holliston, MA 01746