Re: Can not log in to recently enabled/configured sshd service

If you want this enabled indelibly just for the sshd service and you don't
want to go skulking around in the registry, you can re-run ssh-host- config
and specify 'smbntsec' as one of the settings when it asks you what you want
for the service. This is a good thing to do because it allows you to be
specific about the settings each service gets. Otherwise, if you want the
setting globally, just set it in the CYGWIN environment variable and
restart all Cygwin services.

I'm getting really strange behavior now from the Cygwin sshd service. I'm going to completely redo the Cygwin installation by following these steps:

  1. Stop all services (I believe I only have sshd)
  2. Remove all services
  3. Remove Cygwin directory
  4. Remove all Cygwin Registry keys
  5. Reinstall Cygwin
  6. Rerun ssh-host-config

Is there anything I should pay close attention to when I go through this reinstallation/reconfiguration process?

Alfred