Re: Why latest version of gdb (6.7.1) isn't in cygwin distribution

Rémi Perrot wrote:

Hello,

I try to use Eclipse gdb and Rhapsody and face some trouble with the
cygwin version of gdb (GNU gdb 6.5.50.20060706-cvs (cygwin-special)).
So I have successfully compile the 6.7.1 version of GDB and try it. I
had better result with this one.
I would like to know if I am lucky and if will have other problem later ?

In other world is there technical reason to not have gdb 6.7.1 into
cygwin ?

Best Regards,

Sometime question with no answer are bad question, but I have to insist on it.

Is it because gdb license change to gpl 3 ?
Or is it because of some missing human resources to make/test a new package of this tools ?
Or maybe there is some work in progress and a new package will come ?

Best Regards

Rémi