Re: Threading issue in cygwin python 2.5.1-2 ?

Jim Kleckner wrote:
Dave Korn wrote:
On 26 January 2008 02:27, Jim Kleckner wrote:

The two testcases I found in those threads (attached) both WJFFM under
cygwin 1.5.25-7 but fail under 1.5.23-2. If you can reproduce that and your
program still fails, it's probably a different issue.

Thanks for giving that a try, Dave.

I restored 1.5.25-7 and confirmed that test_wait4 succeeds standalone.
Note that the test_wait4 test fails when run with:
   python testall.py >& testall.out
Note that it does make a difference if output is redirected.
If you type:
   python testall.py
then it hangs at the point of testing threads:
   *** Changing thread stack size ***
   caught expected ValueError setting stack_size(4096)
   successfully set stack_size(262144)
   successfully set stack_size(1048576)
   successfully set stack_size(0)
   trying stack_size = 262144
   creating task 1

Note the message from the test output that "verbose mode"
can influence the results:
 CAUTION:  stdout isn't compared in verbose mode:
 a test that passes in verbose mode may fail without it.

I would be curious if you also can reproduce this behavior.

Would someone mind trying the following to see if you get the same behavior? cd /usr/lib/python2.5/test python testall.py Observe that it hangs at "creating task 1".

And (using bash):
cd /usr/lib/python2.5/test
python testall.py >& testall.out
and observe that test_wait4 fails.