Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-8

On Feb 24 17:09, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Corinna Vinschen (Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:38:05 +0100)
> > The desktop icon exists, but you have to press F5 once on the desktop,
> > otherwise the desktop content gets not refreshed.
>
> Never heard of this. New feature of 2008?

F5 is the refresh key for ages.

> > Dunno about the start menu entry. It worked for me. Did you install
> > as Admin? I did.
>
> Yes, sure. On the other hand I see /two/ Desktop.ini files on my
> Desktop which leads to the conclusion that the desktop has become kind
> of "virtual" on Vista or 2008.

So you have changed your system to show system files.  That's not
recommended!!!!1!one!  Just kidding.

You always saw two directories on your desktop, the user desktop as
well as the public (former "All Users") desktop.  Unfortunately all
desktops have a desktop.ini file since Vista.  If you don't want them,
just delete them.

Corinna

Red Hat