Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-10

On Mar 2 15:15, Karl M wrote:

I just tried 1.5.25-10 on a fairly vanilla XP with ssh/sshd installed.

ssh localhost

hangs. Reverting to current restores normal operation. If it is not
readily reproducible, I will dig further.

I noticed the same with 1.5.25-9 last night. It's not just calls to localhost: it's ssh calls to anywhere that hang: in other words, it's a client-side problem, not server-side. I noticed that the -vv option of ssh threw an error report just before the hang, but I did not have the time to do any analysis, as I needed the ssh too urgently. Backing off to the released version of cygwin1.dll restored normal ssh operation. I will try the experimental version again when I am less time-strapped, and copy the -vv log of the failed calls.

--
Robin Walker