Re: Cygwin doesn't install on Windows Server 2008 (x64).

On Mar 13 16:57, Krzysztof Ostrowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm positive about that, I just retried that on a clean machine. I'd be happy
> to send you logs or other debug info if you just tell me what you would need.
> I've looked at the log in C:\cygwin\var, but the file size is 0, the setup is
> probably not flushing the stuff it writes to the file.
>
> The version is -11, I've double-checked it again during the setup.
>
> The issue may not be the same as the one fixed in 1.5.25-11 because I don't
> actually get 100% CPU usage. While running "00ash.sh", bash.exe simply pauses
> forever, without apparently using any CPU.
>
> I've monitored system calls in Process Monitor. While going over "00bash.sh",
> which does eventually complete (after a long time), I can see bash.exe making
> system calls. While going over "00ash.sh", I don't see anything, it hangs.
>
> I'm running an RTM version of Windows Server 2008, downloaded from MSDN, on a
> fairly new ThinkPad T61p. The systems is otherwise very stable, I didn't have
> problems with 32-bit apps running over WoW so far.

Still, I can't reproduce the problem.  I'm, too, running RTM versions
from MSDN, x86 and x64 Standard Edition.  Just for kicks, I'll install
an Enterprise x64 in the next couple of days and try again.

Can somebody else confirm or deny such a problem on 2008?

Other than that, you're the one who could debug any problems.  I can't
tell what you should look for.  Except for "it hangs without taking
CPU", we have no other details.

Corinna

Red Hat