Logging all console activity to a text file

Hello,

Apologies if this is a duplicate question, but I've only been able to find
app-specific info so far.

I'd like to log all console activity, both input and output to a text file
for later review.  Uses for this could be, for example, demonstrating an
operation to someone unfamiliar with cygwin, or say, keeping a record of
console output for future reference.

Can this be done either globally (logging start each time a cygwin session
starts), or individually (I can start and stop logging as I choose) and if
so how?

Thanks very much for your help..

H.