Re: A small suggestion to setup.exe of cygwin

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Michael Kairys wrote:

> I've wondered about this too... So if I have changed my Cygwin setup on
> one machine and I want to duplicate those changes on another machine,
> all I have to do is copy installed.db to the other machine and run
> setup.exe there?

That would replicate the installed packages, but not the versions, since
setup would, by default, pull in the latest. The usual way is to edit
installed.db on the new machine to change all the versions to 0.0,
otherwise setup would think that they are already installed and won't
bother installing them.  You might be able to select "Reinstall" with the
unmodified installed.db, but I haven't tested this hypothesis...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor.  That is the whole
Torah; the rest is commentary.  Go and study it." -- Rabbi Hillel