RE: Performance question/ amateur radio DSP

As a former radio amateur with some DSP interest,

> We would appreciate any assistance or suggestions on how to improve the
> performance when linking to cygwin1.dll.

I would suggest building with the profiler and finding some suspects. These can be non-obvious
and easy to fix once identified.

IIRC, the profiler is "gprof"

In the past, after blaming my numerical code, I have found string processing or IO bottlenecks.
It may not even be your code per se as incidental screen updates could be using all the time.
Even if someone on list can identify a known reason for the specific symptom you report,
you may want to run the profiler in the two cases anyway.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka@hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: Hotmail is possibly blocking my mom's entire
ISP - try  me on marchywka@yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.