RE: info needed

I'm trying to build this right now but I'm curious to know how you think this compares to something like
"R" ? I was looking for source code to add to my code for doing right censored non-parametric significance
tests that I can integrate with some wavelet code. I managed to get past ./configure --without-libplot
and it now seems to have compiled ok. "make check" passed several tests and now seems
to have failed "command/sample.sh" and now passing most of other tests

=====================================
1 of 93 tests failed
Please report to bug-gnu-pspp@gnu.org
=====================================
make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/new/temp/pspp/pspp-0.4.0.1/tests'
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/new/temp/pspp/pspp-0.4.0.1/tests'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

Unfortunately, as reported in the past, my configuration is really messed up
and I don't think I can even determine what I have installed. Note also that hotmail is
now the self appointed expert on reformatting text files so the attached cygcheck output is
likely to have line breaks at the whim of said expert.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka@hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: Hotmail is possibly blocking my mom's entire
ISP - try  me on marchywka@yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.