OCIEnvNlsCreate error with DBD::Oracle 1.21 and Oracle 10g client on Cygwin 1.5.25

Hi
I had posted a few days ago about facing problems installing DBD::Oracle with Oracle 10g client under Cygwin.
Though those were circumvented successfully, when I try to run a simple script that calls DBI->Connect, I get

DBI connect(....) failed: ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME env var, NLS settings, permissions, etc. at tmp.pl line 12
Error ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME env var, NLS settings, permissions, etc. at tmp.pl line 12.

ORACLE_HOME C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_2
ORACLE_SID DEVDB
TWO_TASK DEVDB
NLS_LANG WE8ISO8859P15

I saw some earlier threads on this issue which recommended ensuringthat the permissions on ORACLE_HOME/bin and ORACLE_HOME/lib are setcorrectly.
All user-accounts on this machine have "Full Control" for these directories.

Any recommendations anyone?

Thanks