How to run Cygwin from USB stick without admin access (was: Install cygwin in Win2K as nonadmin...)

  > Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:06:02 +0200
  >
  > * Paul Domaskis (Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:47:16 -0400)
  >> I will be using a standalone Win2K machine on which I will likely not
  >> have admin access.  Will this be a problem, if I choose to install
  >> only for the account of interest?
  >
  > No, I use that version exclusively on my machines (because I run Cygwin
  > from my USB stick).

Hi,

I tried running Cygwin from USB stick following the instructions of
Fergus Bonhard for CDs analogously
(http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-07/msg01117.html referred to in
the FAQ), but was stopped by the necessity to perform the mount
command with admin rights.

What is your solution in general and with respect to that detail ?

Cheers

Martin
--
parozusa at web dot de