Re: Just upgraded last night pop3 now giving errors

On 25 Apr 2008 at 18:21, René Berber wrote:

> It's working fine, what changed is that the new uw-imap by default is
> "build with SSL and disabling plaintext passwords" (it's a requirement
> by RFC 3501).  Now you have to use SSL, a.k.a. pop3s (port 995).
>
> The old behavior can be used, and the details and disclaimer are in the
> documentation (imaprc.txt, point 35).

I decided to set up pop3s and not fight progress.  I was supprised to
find my email program retrieving emails from 2005.  Once upon a time
my mail files were being stored in /var/spool/mail and uw-ipop3d
wanted them in /var/mail.  Actually you helped me with this way back
then.

Now uw-ipop3d seems to be looking  where exim was putting files back
in 2005 before I changed the exim configuration to make uw-ipop3d
happy back then.

How do I make uw-ipop3d look in /var/mail where it was looking up to
a couple days ago?  I guess I need another clue.

Thanks,
Wes S