Re: inetutils 1.5 / ftpd problem: 426 Data connection: No buffer space available.

Charles,

> This means that very first call to the cygwin1.dll function 'write(int
> networkSocketFd, const void *buf, size_t nbyte)' failed for some
> reason: ENOBUFS is not one of the valid error codes for write(), so
> it's set to that by something internal to cygwin's implementation of
> write().

Ok. Having re-read my original mail I probably should have made
clear that it works fine for smaller files (I've tried 10, 15MB
files with no problems at all) - don't know if that makes a
difference, but to my untrained eye I'd be surprised if the
difference in file size caused a problem with the socket opening...

> e.g. smells like a cygwin (or windows) bug -- cygwin is unable to
> create a Mutex or an Event for managing the socket communications
> (e.g. CreateMutex or CreateEvent in net.cc:
> (handler_socket::init_events) failed)
>
> I'm wondering if you have different versions of cygwin on the
> two machines -- not that it should matter, but if so then the
> answer may be simple. Can you send -- as attachments, not
> cut-n-paste -- the result of 'cygcheck -s -v -r' on each of
> the two cygwin machines?

Attached (I hope). xp-ant1 is running inetutils 1.5, xp-ant2 1.3.2.

Ant.