Re: Performance issue on Vista x64

Timo Kerstan wrote:
Hi all,

we are experiencing massive performance problems using the latest stable cygwin under Vista x64. UAC is turned off.
Building a PPC GCC Cross compiler takes about 1 day to complete...
I did not find anythin helpful yet. It would be great if someone could give me a hint...

Well, this is kind of a generic request so I guess me making a fairly generic WAG in response can't be bad form. ;-) How about this:

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda>

Don't get too concerned if your symptoms don't match with any described.
BLODA is insiduous and can be responsible for all kinds of bad behavior.

If this isn't helpful, read and follow the problem reporting guidelines
before posting a follow-up.  It will help us help you better.

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Holliston, MA 01746