pdksh package: Error when issuing a 'typeset -r' statement

Hi,

Cygwin newbie, first time poster...

I installed cygwin with the 'pdksh' package.  When I try to run issue
anything like the following:

$ typeset -r x=1

I get the error:

pdksh: x: is read only

x has never been set, so this is not true (happens for any identifier,
even just after I start pdksh).

I've googled and searched the mailing list, and I haven't seen any
mention of this problem.

Any solutions/workarounds?

P.S.  - I also have a wierd propmt, as seen below... Haven't
researched that, as it is not critical, but if anyone knows offhand...

\[\e]0;\w\a\]\n\[\e[32m\]\u@\h \[\e[33m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n$ typeset -r x=1

Thanks,
Matt
--
It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are
broken that we come to repair the world.