Re: Unable to run sshd under a domain sshd_server account [SOLVED]

On May 13 12:07, Schutter, Thomas A. wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > You're jumping to conclusions.  The reason why USERNAME and USERDOMAIN
> > are wrong I explained in my first reply.  Both values don't matter
> when
> > Cygwin tries to connect to the PDC, as long as the /etc/passwd
> pw_gecos
> > field contains a valid U-DOMAIN\username entry.  This information is
> > used to connect to the PDC.
> >

> > Corinna
>
> OK.  My /etc/passwd file was generated with the "mkpasswd -l -d"
> command.
> The /etc/passwd pw_gecos field for tschutter is just
> "U-FLOODDATA\tschutter".  So what debugging step can I take next?

Try to find out what goes wrong.  Can Cygwin get the DC for the domain?
An strace of an sshd session will help, look for an error message in a
function called get_logon_server.  Does the DC refuse information?
You should find something in the DC's event logs.

Btw., a workaround for such problems is to add the user to the
appropriate groups in /etc/group.  This will give you a nice user
token even if the DC is not cooperative.

Corinna

Red Hat