cd not following windows shortcuts

Hi All,

I wonder if 'cd' in Cygwin is supposed to follow windows shortcuts.
According to this message:

I'd assume it is. However, I'm seeing the following in my system;

In my $HOME dir (Cygwin) I have a Cygwin-symbolic link to my "Desktop"
(windows folder), and it works just fine:

    11:09:56 [~]$ ls
    Desktop@  My Documents@  local/  temp/  work@
    11:09:56 [~]$ cd Desktop
    11:10:34 [Desktop]$

So far, so good. Now, in the desktop, I have a windows shortcut to a
personal directory:

    11:10:34 [Desktop]$ ls
    CHM 3400.lnk*
    11:10:36 [Desktop]$

The problem is that, if I try to cd into that directory, it doesn't work:

    11:13:33 [Desktop]$ cd CHM\ 3400.lnk
    bash: cd: CHM 3400.lnk: Not a directory
    11:13:36 [Desktop]$

Right, it isn't a directory. But shouldn't Cygwin convert the path and
follow it just the same? Is there something wrong with the behavior
I'm seeing?

Thanks a lot,
Gustavo.