Re: cd not following windows shortcuts

Lee Dilkie wrote:
And on top of that (top posting too), even windows cmd console won't let you follow .lnk files... They are files, not symlinks. Only explorer know how to navigate them.

Just in case one of you experts can help me, I've been trying to remove a cygwin installation which contains .lnk files which Explorer can't remove. They have been there through re-installations of XP, SP1, 2, and 3, so it seems the current Windows installation doesn't own them. I had to remove all other files individually, leaving a skeleton cygwin tree of .lnk files.