RE: fate/resolution/location of things like "sys/sockio.h"

> Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 00:54:37 -0700
> From: brian@dessent.net
> Mike Marchywka wrote:
>
>> $ g++ nmapjunk.a libdnet-stripped/src/junkbin.a liblua/junkbin.a -Lnbase -lnbase -Lnsock/src -lnsock -Llibpcap -lpcap -liphlpapi -lws2_32 -lpcre -L. -lPacket
>
> I would not expect this to work in any case. Cygwin has no libpcap, so
> you must be using the native windows winpcap, which is not a Cygwin
> library (it's linked with MSVCRT.)

I have winpcap for an earlier install of ShowTraffic which runs fine. The nmap download
comes with its own and getting everything consistent may be a problem but I can't
come up with a diagnostic that confirms death during packet.dll load. I guess that is
why I am more interested in diagnostic tools rather than expecting to find someone who
knows offhand how to link my c++ version of nmap :)

Is there some simple way to get gdb to tell you what it was trying to do if it dies before getting
to main()? From what I could tell, you couldn't set a break point etc to diagnose the
CRT initialization stuff. As far as that goes, what tools are there for dumping object or "a" files?

Thanks.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka@hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: Hotmail is possibly blocking my mom's entire
ISP - try  me on marchywka@yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.