Re: Bug in /usr/bin/ping

I looked a little further and saw that this is a port that I probably just installed to try it out and hoped it had GNU ping arguments (so bash scripts are portable between Linux and Cygwin).

Anyway, I don't know what happend but it's a 4.3BSD utility. Even 4.3BSD derived systems do the return stuff correctly nowadays.

Cygwin port maintained by: Lino Tinoco <lino.m.tinoco@telecom.pt>

Shouldn't this package just be dropped or at least be marked obsolete?
Cygwin is supposed to be a Linux-like environment. I don't think outdated 4.3BSD tools belong there. Windows ping even has more similarities with Linux ping than that ping in packages ...

Kind regards,

Tom Van Looy