Re: start ssh port forwarding at boot time

> Oh, and on the topic of automatically setting up ssh port forwarding as
> a service: OP should definitely use autossh.  This will keep the
> connection alive if it drops, automatically restarting it as necessary.
> Otherwise, the first time it dies the service will stop and the user
> must manually restart it again.
>
> I've been doing this (autossh port forwarding) for years and it's
> fantastically convenient.

Agreed.  I don't do this any more, but I did do it for years, and once it was
set up, it automatically started at boot and the port forward was always just
there-- I never had to think about it.

/usr/share/doc/autossh-1.4a/README.Cygwin has information about how to set this
up using autossh and cygrunsrv.

Andrew.