Re: New mirror checker in operation

Christopher Faylor wrote:
| On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:25:17PM -0400, Robert Pendell wrote:
|> Christopher Faylor wrote:

|>> "master server updates"?  The definitive source for the cygwin release
|>> is cygwin.com.  The cygwin release directory there is updated whenever
|>> a new package is uploaded.
|>>
|>> Maybe you need to read the second paragraph again.
|> I use rsync://sourceware.org/cygwin-ftp as my retrieval location.  It
|> was updated relatively quickly and there seemed no issue for this to be
|> used.  Is this not correct?
|
| Maybe you're not aware that sourceware.org and cygwin.com (and
| gcc.gnu.org and sources.redhat.com and others) are the same machine?
|
|   % host sourceware.org
|   sourceware.org has address 209.132.176.174
|   sourceware.org mail is handled by 12801 sourceware.org.
|
|   % host cygwin.com
|   cygwin.com has address 209.132.176.174
|   cygwin.com mail is handled by 10 sourceware.org.
|
| cgf

Actually I figured that out right before I sent that last message.  For
some reason I thought they were two different machines before.  Don't
ask why.  It has been setup that way for nearly two years now.  Anyways
I've added a little note/reminder for myself in my crontab file that
sourceware.org = cygwin.com.

- --
Robert Pendell
shinji@elite-systems.org