Re: Cygwin, OpenSSH, IPv6.

David Woodhouse wrote:

I'm trying to get the OpenSSH dÃmon working on the Windows box
my new employer gave me. I followed the instructions at
http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/~kscully/CygwinSSHD_W2K3.html (not quite
understanding what the 'mount -s --change-cygdrive-prefix' command was
for), and I can now log in over Legacy IP.

However, I need to use IPv6 for my local network, because Legacy IP
routing all gets hijacked by the VPN software. I already have VNC
working over IPv6, which is a good start, but now I'm trying to set up
sshd so that I can use it for port forwarding to the internal network.

When I edit /etc/sshd_config and uncomment the 'Listen ::' line, I get told 'The CYGWIN sshd service could not be started', and sshd.log
says "bad addr or host :: (no address associated with name)'.

Was it built without IPv6 support?

Yes, like everything else network related in Cygwin.

But you have a couple of choices, the 1.7 version of Cygwin (not sure about the status of IPv6 support), and the modification made by Jun-ya KATO (including OpenSSH, otherwise you would have to recompile everything you need -- but notice that it is for Cygwin 1.5.24, about a year old):

http://win6.jp/Cygwin/

I personally don't have any experience with both.
--
Renà Berber