Re: bash command not found

Puneet Singh Lamba writes:
> Could someone please help me understand why bash returns a "command
> not found" when I do either of the following?
>
> ls | more
>
> perl
>
> Note that I have the complete set of libraries/tools installed for
> Cygwin version 1.5.25-14 (Setup.exe version 2.573.2.2).

That seems unlikely.  You may have the complete set that is installed by
default but not absolutely everything.  'less' is the pager installed by
default; if you really want 'more' you would need to install the 'util-linux'
package.  'perl' is in its own package not installed by default, so you would
need to install the 'perl' package too.

Launch Cygwin's setup.exe, advance through the dialogs by clicking Next until
you get to the "Select Packages" dialog.  Click the View button to cycle
through the various lists of Cygwin packages.  When you get to the "Not
Installed" list, scroll down to where it shows 'perl'.  If it says "Skip" in
the New column for that line, click on Skip until it shows the version you want
to install.  Scroll further down the list to where it shows 'util-linux'.  Do
the same with it.  Click Next as needed and these two packages (and any
necessary others) will be installed.  Voila.

..mark