gzip --rsyncable patch

Hi there,

The version of gzip packaged with cygwin doesn't accept --rsyncable.

I grabbed the latest version of RR's old patch from

http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/gzip.rsync.patch2

and hacked it until it applied cleanly with 'patch -p1 -l' in the
source directory of gzip-1.3.12.

If anyone is interested in applying it to the cygwin sources it's here:

http://www.jubileegroup.co.uk/JOS/misc/gzip.rsyncable.patch

If you'd like it cleaned up so patch doesn't need all those switches
I'll be happy to do that.

In view of the fundamental nature of gzip on most systems I'd strongly
recommend checking my modifications (and the patch) very carefully if
you intend to use it.

--

73,
Ged.